Donovan Mill Tour
After the world’s largest silver discovery in 1859, the Comstock Lode drew hordes of prospectors, miners and speculators who swarmed Virginia City, Gold Hill and Silver City. Although history does not always acknowledge it, Silver City soon became a milling town as well as a residents’ mining town throughout 1860-1870. Yet, over the last 150 years, about the only visible milling-days’ landmark left in town is the Donovan Mill, its outbuildings and large cyanide tanks at the south end of Main Street, which is also State Route 342.
Adults – $20
Children 4-12 years $10
Children under 4 FREE
All tours contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Comstock Foundation • PO Box 61 • 680 American Flat Road • Gold Hill • Nevada • 89440
Copyright 2022 The Comstock Foundation for History and Culture. All rights reserved. • Design: Charter Advertising/Design, Inc.