John and his quad along with volunteers moved approximately 700 bags of ore from the storage room near the stamp mill motor to lower level of mill in preparation for generator installation. Quad-squad: Bob, Lee, Russ, Larry, John and Don strong-armed many hours!
Cleaned-up and inspected 40 HP stamp mill motor, reduction gear box and jack shaft bearings. Rotated the main cam shaft and jack shaft by hand.The first time they moved since 1959!
Rebuilding the wall structure and sheeting with board and batten on the south Dazet Mill wall.
Lee cleaning ore feeder for stamp mill battery #4.
Mark constructing sliding door for west side of the tank room.
1926 55 HP Ingersoll Rand oil engine, donated by Brad Keife, is moved from Wadsworth to Donovan Mill.
Industrial Logistics Services gave us a great deal on the moving cost!
Restoration of Dazet Mill east wall. Lee, Russ, Bob, Larry, Jeff, Don & Elaine restored the framework for installation of the board & batten.
Donovan Mill restoration is nearing the point where we can operate stamp battery #4 and crush ore!
Thank you to all the volunteers and businesses that have worked to bring this conservation project a reality! – Elaine Bergstrom
The Comstock Foundation • PO Box 61 • 680 American Flat Road • Gold Hill • Nevada • 89440
Copyright 2022 The Comstock Foundation for History and Culture. All rights reserved. • Design: Charter Advertising/Design, Inc.