- This event has passed.
Blacksmithing Classes – Start Date TBA
Have you ever wanted to learn the old art of Blacksmithing? Early smiths made wagon parts, handmade tools, shaped ornamental pieces, horseshoes, hinges and just about anything to having to do with working metal into a desired shape or purpose.
What you will learn.
How to build, light and maintain a coal forge fire with a hand cranked blower, proper hammering techniques, drawing, pointing, twisting, punching and how to work hot steel over a coal forge. Students will take home the basic knowledge of forging and their own handmade forged decorative article.
About the Classes
• Classes are held at the Donovan Mill in Silver City, Nevada.
• Class size is limited to a maximum of 8 students.
• Taught by an experienced local blacksmith and farrier.
• Classes run from 9 AM to 4 PM.
• Cost is $150 per person with materials and tools supplied.
• Registrations on a first paid basis as classes fill up fast!
• Introductory class and secondary classes are offered.
• Secondary class requires previous completion of the introductory class.
• Students under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
• Class dates to be published soon.
Email for more information. email@example.com